Chief Ouray Gun Club

WOT Committee Meeting Minutes

1/31/12 6:00 pm

Location:  Buske Residence

 

 

 

Meeting called to order at 6:12pm

 

Committee members present Mike Ardoin, Jim Buske, Gayle Buske, Dave Coleman, Bob Cole, John Young

 

Not present:  Bob Morss, Lisa Davitian, Barbara Cole

 

Minutes:  Minutes of the last meeting were approved with no changes.

 

Treasurer’s Report:  WOT account was transferred over to the general account after last year’s event.  This year’s budget for the WOT shoot is $1,800.  Will ask Barbara Cole if she will be our treasurer this year.

 

Income:  we have our first registration (a return from last year) of $50

 

a.       Budget as approved by board:  $1,800

                                                               i.      Ears:  $20

                                                             ii.      Printing:  $300

                                                            iii.      4H Hall:  $400

                                                           iv.      Water:  $75

                                                             v.      Ammo (.223):  $500

                                                           vi.      Advertising:  $500

b.      Expected gross income:  $5200

                                                               i.      Door fees:  $50 x 100 plus $200 from water sales

 

Unfinished Business

 

New Business

a.       Recaps/thoughts/ideas from last year?

a.       If shooters have their cards from last year, to indicate they had a class, they can clep out and head to the range.

b.      Due to NRA cutbacks, we will only receive 50 goodie bags.  First 50 women will get them.  Use this to encourage early registration.

c.       Need to place a mark (x) on hand of shooters after they have been at the shooting line for each gun.  For example, they will have a possible two x’s for pistol, 3 for rifle, 2 for shotgun.  Several women last year, who had already shot, were butting in line ahead of women who hadn’t yet shot.  Each lane needs a different color sharpie marker

d.      Get the women to the range right after their class to avoid the bottleneck at the range

e.      Instructors need to be better coached to stop the overfill of classes.  Also need someone at the 4H center to enforce the class size limits

f.        Photographer needs better instruction about where she can be during range sessions.  There were some unsafe conditions last year

g.       RSOs may NOT leave the line unless there is a cease fire or they are relieved.

h.      Pistol will be moved to where the building is now, assuming the building is removed.

i.         Bob needs to check EZ ups and make sure they are viable – they were put away wet

j.         

b.      Scheduled for May 5

c.       Need to register clinic with NRA – Gayle will do

d.      Need to let NRA know so they publish in their mags and online – Gayle will do

e.      Received first registration on 1/30/12

f.        Food vendor to set up outside? – Mike A and John Y will check with 4H center to be sure we can and will check into vendors

g.       Water/soda sales discussed.  Need to make sure 4H center doesn’t put these items out

h.      Need to plan advertising

i.         Need to print flyers – Gayle will order from Avalanche Graphix in Ridgway

j.        Guns were cleaned at end of last year’s shoot

k.       Need to start rounding up volunteers – Gayle will email

l.         Already have the RTBAV instructor (Larry McWhirter)

m.    Mike chauffering again?- yes

n.      Dummy guns from Lee and Suzanne? – Bob Cole will check

 

Announcements

 

Adjournment:  Meeting was adjourned at 7:35pm.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Gayle Buske, Secretary