Chief Ouray Gun Club

Amended Meeting Minutes – REGULAR Meeting

02.21.12 6:30 pm

Location:  Ouray Baptist Church, Ouray

 

 

Meeting called to order at 6:40pm

 

Regular club officers present Bob Morss, Dave Coleman, Gayle Buske, Sue Williamson, Mike Ardoin, Bob Cole, Mike Fedel

Not present:  

General members present:  Jim Buske, Stuart Middleton-White, John Tjossem, Phil Passopulo, Larry Coulter

Non members present:  None

Minutes:  Minutes from 1/17/12 were approved with no changes.

President’s report by Bob Morss

Spoke with Ralph about using his property for the Monster Gun Extravaganza.  He is interested.  We need to meet with him to discuss and go over particulars.  Tentative date:  3/3/12 at 3:00.  Bob also needs to talk to Mark Castordale about special use permit.

Treasurer’s report by Sue Williamson – Current balance is $9,857.53. 

Bills:      $44 for PO Box renewal, $367.44 for property taxes, $10 to Robert Burns for state filing.  All approved to pay unanimously

Income:               $225 for new memberships, $316 in WOT income

Treasurer’s report was accepted with no changes.

Reports of committees

Membership Committee Report (Bob, Dave, Gayle, Jim, Mike A)

 

The Membership Committee met January 24, minutes posted on website.

1)      Thank you letter and reminder to current members was designed and sent for printing

2)      Approved $500 for printing for the year.  Cost to print postcards for the countywide mailing would be $450 – would wipe out the budget for the year.  Should we hold off on that this year or do we want to approve more and try to get more folks as members?  Membership committee recommends NOT doing the countywide mailing.  Approved unanimously by board.

3)      Board also asked that we check into pricing for an insert in the Watch and Plaindealers in place of the county-wide mailer.

Membership committee report was accepted.

Goals Committee Report  (Bob, Bob, Barbara, Gayle, Mike A, Jim, Mike F)

No meeting, no report

Women On Target Committee Report (Gayle B, Mike A, Bob C, Bob M, Jim B, Gail J, Lisa D, Barbara C, Dave C, John Y)

WOT Committee met January 31

1)      Looking in to food vendors

2)      Increased possible enrollment to 150 (up from 100)

3)      Charging for shirts and hats and extras this year

4)      Date is May 5

5)      Have about 80-85% of volunteers back again

6)      NRA not giving unlimited free bags this year – only 50.  First 50 women to register will get bags.

7)      We have 6 registrations and payments in so far.

                Special Shoot Committee Report (Bob Morss, Bob Cole, Barbara Cole, Jim, Mike F, Mike A)

                No meeting/no report

Unfinished Business

1)      Kid’s shoot – John Tjossem

a.       Hunter’s Safety scheduled for April 21, 22

b.      Location will be Ridgway community center.

c.       This will be a class for adults and kids alike – rather than just kids.

d.      Instructors (Lee and Suzanne Teague) are lined up

e.      Okay to start enrolling

f.        Gayle will email lists to get sign ups

2)      Parker and Aimee McAbery donating tax filing services for the gun club.  Voted to approve them doing our taxes.  Status:  not started – need information from Sue.

3)      Building on property – will attempt to remove in March

4)      Mike Fedel will try to get the range plan done after the range clean up on April 21

5)      Sign for gate – costs? – Has not been priced out yet

 

New Business

1)      Change date of elections (currently April 28) and range clean up so we can do a field trip to the dynamite shoot in Gateway?  Approved.  Annual meeting moved to April 21 in conjunction with the range clean up.  Also, this is NOT an election year.

2)      Approval for exec’s trap shoot Feb 28.  Club will make about $500 in gun rentals, range fees, etc.  Survival4Chicks running the shoot.  Approved. 

3)      Gayle will email club membership about outing to dynamite shoot

Pending to-do items

1)      Get rid of building.  $3000 approved in 2012 budget to accomplish

2)      Finish rifle station (when we can) $1500 was approved at Sept 2011 meeting

3)      Revise SOPs

4)      Post lane rules on each lane at range (when we can)

5)      Weeds - ongoing

6)      Post signs on each lane noting what the lane is approved for (i.e. pistol only on north range, etc.)

7)      Put ribbon around post by road or put up a flag on same post

8)      Get longer chain for gate

9)      New gate – add to master plan

10)   Fix roof on trap house – add to master plan

Announcements

1)      COGC important dates for 2012

a.       Membership renewals due April 1

b.      Hunter’s Safety (open to all) April 21 and 22

c.       Annual Meeting/range clean up/BBQ April 21

d.      Dynamite shoot in Gateway – field trip – April 28

e.      Women On Target May 5

f.        COCG Monster Gun Extravaganza August 25

g.       Range clean up/BBQ September 15

 

Adjournment:  Meeting was adjourned at 7:35pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Gayle Buske, Secretary