Chief Ouray Gun Club

Meeting Minutes – REGULAR Meeting

08.21.12 6:30 pm

Location:  Ouray Baptist Church, Ouray

 

 

Meeting called to order at 6:40pm

 

Regular club officers present Bob Morss, Dave Coleman, Gayle Buske, Mike Ardoin, Bob Cole, Barbara Cole

Not present:  Mike Fedel

General members present:  Jim Buske

Non members present:  None

Minutes:  Minutes from 07.17.12 were approved with no changes.

President’s report by Bob Morss

1.       Stairs and rifle station are poured and stripped, ready for use. 

2.       Need handrail and to fix target up the hill, also roof on rifle station

Treasurer’s report by Barbara Cole

Account balance:  $12,618.72

Bills:      $1,951.74 for gravel and concrete for rifle station (voted unanimously to pay)

Income:               $245 in membership renewals, new memberships.  Making new balance $10,911.98

Reports of committees

Membership Committee Report (Bob, Dave, Gayle, Jim, Mike A)

109 paid up memberships

Membership committee report was accepted.

Goals Committee Report  (Bob, Bob, Barbara, Gayle, Mike A, Jim, Mike F)

No meeting, no report

Women On Target Committee Report (Gayle B, Mike A, Bob C, Bob M, Jim B, Barbara C, Dave C, John Y)

1)      Next year’s shoot should be later in the summer but not into fall

2)      Need to come up with a new format to attract more people

                Special Shoot Committee Report (Bob Morss, Bob Cole, Barbara Cole, Jim, Mike F, Mike A)

                No meeting/no report

                Hunter’s Safety Committee Report (John Tjossem)

                Nothing to report

Unfinished Business

a.       Parker and Aimee McAbery donating tax filing services for the gun club.  Voted to approve them doing our taxes.  Status:  not started – need to get Sue’s information to McAbery’s.  Barbara will get this information to the McAbery’s

b.      Building on property – will attempt to remove in winter

c.       Rifle station finish work—needs:

                                                                           i.      Handrail

                                                                         ii.      Fix target up the hill

                                                                        iii.      Cover for rifle station

                                                                       iv.      Fix bottom stair with load of road base

New Business

1)      Shooting benches (Bob Cole) $225 each—voted to hold off on this as we are way over budget on the rifle station (about twice what was approved/budgeted) and we have no fundraisers coming up.

2)      Web cams for range (x4):  gate, each range lane—voted to hold off on this as we are way over budget on the rifle station (about twice what was approved) and we have no fundraisers coming up.

3)      Insurance premium of $763.21 due and paid.  Need retroactive approval (was due on 7/17 or would lapse) voted retroactively at 7/17/12 meeting to approve this payment.

4)      Marty Flowers—4H kids use of range?  (Gayle)

a.       Liability waivers from parents;

b.      Clean up after use;

c.       Kids assist with range events (i.e. clean up days, WOT, shoots, etc.)

d.      Why expelled from Montrose range?

e.      Parents members of club?

f.        Student to instructor ratio;

g.       From Rod via email:  “You will have to ask them the only reason they gave us was safety somebody was shooting behind the line of fire witch was wrong never happened. The only thing we could figer out was we had more kids than they do. Marty can tell you the same thing. We were told by others gun club members that they are losing kids and we are growing. I will get the waivers signed before they shoot think you.”

h.      Gayle will sit down with Marty this winter to discuss all aspects and come up with a plan to present to the board.  Marty will be heading this up as opposed to Rod Hodge.

5)      Need to start thinking about fundraisers.  Ideas presented thus far:

a.       Raffle (Barbara will check into raffle license, etc.)

6)      Pete’s memorial gun.  Still needs to be retrieved either from the jeweler or MacCraiger (don’t know where it is).  Bob and Barbara will work on this.

7)      Email to members about procedure for rifle station.  Gayle to devise and approve with board before sending.

Pending to-do items

1)      Get rid of building.  $3000 approved in 2012 budget to accomplish

2)      Finish rifle station $1500 was approved at Sept 2011 meeting

a.       Handrail

b.      Fix target up the hill

c.       Cover for rifle station

d.      Fix bottom stair with load of road base

3)      Revise SOPs

4)      Weeds - ongoing

5)      Post signs on each lane noting what the lane is approved for (i.e. pistol only on north range, etc.)

6)      New gate – add to master plan

7)      Mike Fedel will try to get the range plan done

8)      Sign for gate

9)      Web cams for range (x4):  gate, each range lane

Announcements

1)      COGC important dates for 2012

a.       Range clean up/BBQ September 15—cancelled – doesn’t need to be done and Bob and Barbara will be out of town.

Adjournment:  Meeting was adjourned at 7:30pm.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Gayle Buske, Secretary