Chief Ouray Gun Club

Meeting Minutes – Regular Meeting

02/15/11 6:30 pm

Location:  St. John’s Episcopal Church, Ouray

 

 

Meeting called to order at 6:30pm

 

Regular club officers present Bob Morss, Dave Coleman, Ira Knutson.  Excused:  Gayle Buske, Craig MacCraigor.  Unexcused:  Rod Hodge, Mike Aroin

 

General members present:  Barbara Cole, Bob Cole, Colleen Hollenbeck

 

Non members present:  none

 

Minutes:  Minutes from 01/17/11 approval was deferred due to lack of quorum.

 

President’s report by Bob Morss – No report

 

Treasurer’s report by Craig MacCraiger – No report

 

Bills:  None presented or reported

 

Income:  None presented or reported

 

Reports of committees

 

2011 Gun Show Committee Report

 

a.       Minutes available online

b.      One gun show per year.  2011 show will be October 1 and 2 with set up on September 30

c.       Dick will coordinate the vendors, etc. one more time, per his agreement

d.      Ryan at Best Western will be offered the catering as it was well received last year

e.      Insurance is not a separate cost this year

f.        System to ensure deposits are transported and deposited securely has been established

g.       Advertisement:  plan to limit areas to those where most of the participation came from.  Will use same signage and reduce some of the marketing costs.  Volunteers will be reimbursed for their mileage and a meal with a stipend for putting u flyers.  Ira requests a full discussion of any changes be held for all board members.  Bob invited Ira to the committee meeting.  Ira satisfied that the lengthy discussion held today covered his need to participate in the marketing changes recommended by the committee.

h.      Budget established:  Expenses - $1,880.  Projected income - $4,400.

 

Membership Committee Report

 

a.       Dave noted that John Joe Sims paid for a 2 year membership.

b.      Bills will go out in April for membership fees.

 

Goals Committee Report

 

a.       Range clean up dates set:

a.       June 4 from 1pm – 5pm

b.      August 20 from 10am – 5pm

b.      Bob Cle recommended members bring rakes, gloves; club to supply heavy duty bags.

c.       Briefly discussed having barrels for garbage on the range.  Dave brought up the idea of signs instructing to carry out your own trash.  Bob concerned it will be thrown on the range if cans are not available.  No decision made.

d.      Removal/burning of the building.  Adam Kunz, OVFD Chief will contact the state as they issue a permit.  The public health department also needs to be notified.  Dave Ficco was not present but had discussed the county role in issuing a permit also.  Ideally, the building will need to be burned while the ground has snow cover (end of March).  Bob will invite the RVFD to participate as it is in their district but they have already declined an initial request.  Bob has a private contact for the fire management if the fire departments decline.  All agreed burning preferable over tearing it down.

 

Women On Target Committee Report

 

There was no meeting held so there is nothing to report

 

Unfinished Business

 

1)      There was no unfinished business to attend to

 

New Business

 

1)      Ira requested the following be added to the agenda for the next meeting:   Lifetime membership criteria discussion.  Questions lifetime membership of Sara and Colby Cook.  Brief discussion around Ken Orvis lifetime membership does not extend to Sara (Weber) Cook.  Dave Coleman to confirm with Gayle Buske their membership status.  After notifying Sara and Colby Cook, the status as lifetime members will be corrected in the membership listing.

2)      Ira also requests Disabled American veterans be offered “free” memberships.  Ira agrees to refer this to the next meeting.  Bob asked that the Membership Committee make recommendations to the board about this topic.  Bob invited Ira to come to the Membership Committee with his thoughts.

3)      Gun safe:  has not arrived yet.  Discussed Buske’s having a secure area to house the safe.  Ira wondered if the Ouray county Sheriff or other county sites could house the gun safe.  The county space is at a premium and they will not be able to provide space for the gun safe, per Colleen Hollenbeck response.

4)      Bob wanted to have it on record that he has a chronograph at his house that is also the property of the COGC

5)      Bob Cole noted with the purchase of guns for the club, an agreement for storage needs to be drafted to protect the club’s assets.

6)      Ira requested (again) that all directors be part of the committee discussions when decisions are made on behalf of the membership.  Bob asked if the committee summary at the monthly meetings would meet that request.  Ira agreed.

7)      Ira asked about other shooting events (trap, turkey, pistol, etc.).  Discussed a brief survey be sent out with the April membership bill to identify interest for other shooting events.  Recommend the turkey shoot out be the weekend before Memorial Day weekend.

 

Announcements

 

1)      RSO Training April 10, 2011 for $17.  Contact Gayle.

2)      Officer elections last Saturday in April (April 30) at 2:00 pm at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Ouray

3)      Women On Target shoot in Pueblo on April 30

4)      Friends of the NRA banquet in Norwood is May 14

5)      Friends of the NRA banquet in Montrose is August 20

6)      Women On Target shoot for Ouray is August 27

 

Adjournment:  Meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Colleen Hollenbeck filling in for Gayle Buske, Secretary